St. Peter’s Church, High Cross, Froxfield is the listed parish church and was built in 1862 after the original Norman parish church at Froxfield Green was demolished in 1860. It contains the Norman pillars from the previous church and is surrounded by its churchyard. Like St.Peter’s Froxfield Green the church has a full set of embroidered kneelers which commemorate many village scenes and personalities. The church is kept unlocked during daylight hours.
St. Peter's on the Green,Froxfield. Built in 1884 on the site of the original 12th century church. It is probably the smallest church for which Bloomfield was responsible. Listed, it is situated in an attractive conservation area and surrounded by an ancient churchyard grazed by sheep. Light and airy, it has some fine 20th century glass and contains the memorials from the earlier church. The church is kept open during daylight hours.
Holy Trinity,Privett. Was built in 1878 on the site of a 12th Century church. Designed by Bloomfield it is more a small cathedral than a village church. It is now in the care of the Churches Conservation Trust although the PCC has responsibility for maintaining the churchyard (also mainly grazed by sheep) and the lychgate and boundary walls.
Two or three services a year are held here, including a traditional Christmas service of carols and lessons.
Click here for the official website for Steep and Froxfield churches.